Every couple of years we Realtors have to take 24 hours of renewal classes. This is when we find out how much we are actually screwing up in our day to day practice, LOL – JK. Below is a list of all current development projects throughout Scottsdale into Tempe provided to me by the Arizona School of Real Estate & Business taught Bill Gray.
Scottsdale Condo & Apartment New Development Projects
Project #1. Envy, 8 Story 90 Condos at 75th Street. Downtown Scottsdale
A $37 million midrise condominium project is planned for Old Town Scottsdale. The eight-story project, called Envy, will be located on roughly a one-acre lot at 75th Street just south of Camelback Road. It will feature 90 for-sale condo units ranging from 800 to 1,750 square feet and starting at $425,000.
Project #2. Alliance Group 316 apartments Scottsdale Entertainment District.
Alliance Residential has acquired a 5.4-acre multi-family development tract at 75th Street and Stetson Drive in Downtown Scottsdale, and plans to break ground on an upscale 316-unit project by the end of the year.
Project #3. 114 Townhouses Units 68th & McDowell. For those who know this is the Paddock Pools Store.
Meritage’s Diamante condominium complex will be built at the former Paddock parcel. It will include 144 units in 20 buildings, totaling 311,500 square feet.
Project #4. 416 Unit apartment complex southwest corner Osborn & Scottsdale rd. The Red Lobster Building area
Transwestern of Houston, Tex. (Robert Duncan, chairman) plans to develop a 416-unit apartment complex located near the southwest corner of Osborn and Scottsdale roads in Scottsdale.
Project #5. Mark Taylor plans to build 252 Luxury units on a portion of the old Rawhide Site.
Scottsdale – Mark-Taylor Inc. in Scottsdale (Jeff Mark, Scott Taylor, principals) plans to build a 252-unit luxury rental complex on a portion of the former Rawhide western town theme park in Scottsdale. The 16.7-acre site for the planned multi-family project is located along the east side of Scottsdale Road and just south of Pinnacle Peak Road.
Project #6. 388 Luxury Apartment Units Jefferson One Thompson Peak & 74th Street
Project #7. Hayden Rd. Next to Costco, 311 apartments & Church.
A mix of unique uses is in front of the Scottsdale City Council April 8. Impact Church is proposing to redevelop the 12 acre former Cardinale Way Buick Pontiac GMC dealership site with a 70KSF church, 311 unit, four-story apartment complex and six-level parking structure.
Project #8. New Condos near Earl & Drinkwater
Project #9. 750 Apartments. NE Corner 101 & Scottsdale Road.
TDI Real Estate Holdings LLC, a leader in the development of Class A multi-family housing, has begun construction on the second phase of a project that will bring up to 750 units of luxury housing to Scottsdale, Arizona. Construction of Jefferson on Legacy is presently underway on 322 units scheduled for completion in 2015.
Project #10. New Condos to be built at the Borgata of Scottsdale
Development partners Sunbelt Holdings and Ryan Companies joined Arizona State University (ASU), State Farm executives, government officials and local business leaders to celebrate the start of construction of Marina Heights, the 2 million square foot project along Tempe Town Lake. State Farm will lease approximately 1.9 million square feet in the development.
- Scottsdale Quarter 73rd Street will add 30,000 Sq. Feet
- State Land Department auctioned off
– 105 Acres SW Corner Tatum & Pinnacle Peak Rd
– 193 Acres NW Corner Signal Butte & Guadalupe Rd
– 55 Acres Happy Valley & Lake Pleasant
- Mountain Shadows Resort redevelopment in Paradise Valley
- Scottsdale Fashion Square adding 141,600 Sq. Feet north of Barneys, 14 screen theater
- Harley Davidson dealership, largest in the world, North sight and Greenway-Hayden Loop
- SW Corner of Scottsdale Road & Lincoln sold 7.5 Acres (Retail & Residential)
- Danny’s Carwash Kierland location, 3.5 acres sold, 3 years remain on lease.
- 32nd Street & Indian School sold, buyer DeRito Partners $15,000,000
- Commercial Data & Job Growth
- Industrial Space demand could reach record highs
- Phoenix Office Vacancy decreases to 18%
- Today we have 7,196 high tech companies employing 105,643 people
- 45 of every 1,000 jobs in Arizona are in high tech. Avg wage is $82,018
- New home permits 2113, Mesa up 30% Eastmark prime reason
- Big box filling up with Charter Schools & Burlington Coat Factory
- Wal-Mart new supercenter at Metrocenter Mall 2015
- Safeway merges with Albertsons
- Sprouts moves its headquarters to City North… Looking for more store locations in the Valley
- Forbes Magazine rated Arizona #1 doe job growth over the next five years.
Phew that was quite a bit and what does all this tell you? HERE COMES THE BOOM, a Condo and Apartment boom is coming to the Scottsdale area and throughout. This map does not include the 10+ projects going on or in the works in Downtown Phoenix (Boom Time for Downtown Phoenix) or the Tempe Mill Ave District boom (Word on the Street) that includes new condo, apartment, and commercial development & re-development projects as well. The valley is growing up, were tired of growing outward, so be ready Scottsdale, Phoenix, Tempe and Valley of the Sun because a condo & Apartment boom is coming and its coming fast. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Nobody really knows. The buyers of today are tired of traveling everywhere, they prefer smaller areas of living, no maintenance, with a lifestyle right out their front door. Be ready Scottsdale, Phoenix, Tempe and the valley of the sun because a condo & apartment boom is coming with a vengeance
If you are considering buying a condo in the valley of the sun the time is now. Whether you are looking for new development or re-sale Lavish pAdZ can help, contact us today by phone 480.458.8007 or email LavishPadBoutique@gmail.com and lets get you into a condo today!