House hunting in Phoenix-Scottsdale-Mesa area during the summer months can be challenging due to the hot and dry climate. However, with some careful planning, it is still possible to find your dream home. Here are some tips for house hunting in Phoenix-Scottsdale-Mesa during the summer:
- Plan your viewings for early morning or late afternoon: The temperatures in Phoenix can exceed 100°F during the day, so it’s best to avoid viewings during the hottest part of the day. Instead, plan your viewings for early morning or late afternoon when the temperatures are cooler.
- Dress appropriately: Wear light-colored and lightweight clothing that is breathable and comfortable. It’s also essential to wear sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses to protect your skin and eyes from the sun.
- Stay hydrated: Bring plenty of water with you and drink it regularly to stay hydrated in the heat. You can also bring a cooler with cold drinks and snacks to keep you refreshed.
- Use air conditioning to your advantage: When viewing properties, make sure to turn on the air conditioning to see how well it cools the house. This is especially important during the summer months when the temperatures are high.
- Look for properties with features that can help you beat the heat: Consider looking for properties with features such as a swimming pool, shade trees, or a covered patio to help you stay cool during the summer.
- Work with a local real estate agent: A local real estate agent who knows the area well can help you find properties that meet your needs and budget while also providing valuable advice and guidance on navigating the Phoenix-Scottsdale-Mesa housing market.
You don’t need me to tell you it’s going to be hot during the summer. Yes, you will get swamp ass, yes you will sweat but by following these tips, you can make the most of your house hunting experience in Phoenix-Scottsdale-Mesa during the summer 100+ degree months.